Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Product Failures

I’m happy to say that I am extremely blessed when it comes to these consumer product mishaps. To my recollection I cannot pin point a single event where things have failed on me and there was a traumatic experience which followed from it.  I can name a fairly silly event, when compared to Petracca’s horrific events, where I was happily spending the night a boy friend’s house but had class very early the next morning.  I had all my clothes and supplies for class ready along side of the bed, I was getting to sleep at a very reasonable hour to ensure I would be well rested and easily awakened in the morning, my alarm was set on the phone nice and loud so there was no chance of missing it.  I curled up in the blanket with my phone plugged into the charger which was safely plugged in the wall socket next to the bed and fell asleep instantly.  Sadly I had awoken an hour after my class had started and was utterly confused as to why my alarm didn’t wake me. While I was sleeping my charger decided it didn’t want to work properly causing the phone to overheated and shut off without me knowing.  Like I said before this event is nothing like the sad tales we had to read about but I did miss class and had to buy a new charger  and battery but luckily they have both been successfully charging my phone without any problems.
A sad story of a friend that I think relays the same type of message was of a girl on my volleyball team. It was during a tournament when we were in the middle of big game and after a magnificent block she came down on the foot of the girl to her right. From the protection of her ankle guard she did not hurt her ankle but instead tore her ACL. The ankle guards’ purpose is to the lock the ankle so it cannot twist, break or sprain but due to the falling motion and stiff hold on the ankle it caused her knee to bend instead.  She couldn’t play volleyball for over a year or run on our track for her senior year. (She was an amazing runner and luckily NAU remembered her previous years of running success and decided she was talented enough to regain her running ability even with the injury)

No comments:

Post a Comment