Tuesday, September 7, 2010

week 3 blog reviews

Mary Bak:
I thought the idea to add the dictionary definition was a great touch to your writing! You had a good take on where ideas come from, you made it simple and to the point. Hopefully you’re right with the idea that the smaller robots can help save lives. I completely agree with you on the notion that it is completely insane with how technology has evolved. It blows my mind each time I really think about all the advancements in the world. Who knows what will really come in the future.

Connor White:
You had great examples to back up your arguments in both of your writings. I feel like you could have possibly edited the writing a little bit but I enjoyed reading both of them and hearing different opinions on the topics. I liked how you gave both scientific examples of hearing aids, larger ideas of planes, and natural takes with the lions for the “Is smaller better?” question. I also thought your statement about an idea being a thought but a thought not being an idea was a really cleaver way to look at that blog post.

Amber Crouch:
You again did a great job using examples from the readings and it really helped make your points clear. I completely agree with your writing on the machines being smarter, how can they ever be smarter than humans if we are the ones creating them? I think I actually used the same example about them being able to hold more information but that doesn’t make them smarter in any way. Lastly I love how you used the neurons firing in the brain in your “thoughts and ideas writing” it completely makes me think of all of our speech and hearing classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment